« Back to News & Notices

Boil Water Notice

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has required the Elm Creek Water Supply Corporation, public water system #1550026, to notify all customers to boil their water prior to consumption (e.g. washing hands/face, brushing teeth, drinking, etc.) Children, seniors, and persons with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable to harmful bacteria.  All customers should follow these directions if they are in the affected area.

The affected are for this notice is as follows:  Liberty Hill Road from our water plant to Jennifer Lane, all of Jennifer Lane, all of Raby Road,  State Hwy 107/Eddy Gatesville Parkway proceeding east from Raby Road for approximately 1.5 miles, Floyd Road, Trammel Road,  Moss Road, George Roberts Lane, Keim Road, Derek Road, Key Lane, Malone Road, and East Stockton Road from Liberty Hill Road continuing south-east until it becomes Franklin Road, continuing on to CR 450/Little Roy Lane

To ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and other microbes, water for drinking, cooking, and ice making should be boiled and cooled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes.  The water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil and then continue to boil for two (2) minutes.

In lieu of boiling, individuals may purchase bottled water or obtain water from some other suitable source for drinking water or human consumption purposes.

When it is no longer necessary to boil the water, the public water system officials will notify customers that the water is safe for drinking water or human consumption purposes.

Once the boil water notice is no longer in effect, the public water system will issue a notice to customers that rescinds the boil water notice in a manner similar to this notice.

Please share this information with all of the other people who drink this water, in the affected area shown above, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses).   You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

If you have any questions concerning this matter, you may contact Caryn Petzold at 603 Avenue E Moody, TX 76557, or by telephone at (254)853-3838.